Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Beautiful Autumn weather

Rainfall for March was only 41 mm but we choose to look merely at the superficial and enjoy the growth that has occurred over recent months. It was a relief to have a cool and overcast summer and I was fortunate to plant so many tubes, which are all doing well. While things remain green after our rain last week, we remain positive. Leeks and ruby chard seedlings have been planted out, coriander and carrot seeds sown, and I have been given some rocket, chives and strawberries. The broad beans are growing well and we have corn to harvest. Beans continue to be picked from our screen.
I have also picked a couple of bunches of paper daisies - Xerochrysum and have more seedlings coming up, so we may get an earlier flower display this year.
Sunny Boy has reached 476.2 kWh by the end of March and we have had interesting news of a new Queensland Government initiative, whereby we will be paid 44 cents per kWh of electricity fed into the grid, about three times the current tariff. We meet the eligibility criteria and have registered our interest.

No comments: