Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Navigation

We had our annual navigation day on Sunday. Jim came up for some golf but we dragged him along as this is non-negotiable. This year we were on a farm close to Preston, but sheltered from the cold SE winds. As well as compass and map-reading with clues, we had a list of items to collect which enhanced our appreciation of our surroundings. Our team included Naomi, a software engineer, who has just moved here to work at Oakey and her French workmate Claude who was just visiting. So Jim fitted in nicely.
On Saturday, I had a busy and productive day cleaning up the house - much needed - while they played golf, both in the morning early, and again in the afternoon following the competition. Meanwhile I had made a campfire to cook the evening meal - chicken and vegies, plus whole apples in the smaller campoven.
I also made a nice spinach and fetta slice with filo pastry on Friday night.

No comments: