Monday, 16 August 2010

Perseverance Spurs

I had hoped to lead a walk along the second spur south of Perseverance Heights, where we found some nice cliffs on our walk last October. This got hijacked somewhat last Tuesday and we did the third spur then, so Dick and I went out to do my planned walk on Sunday morning. It was nice out there but forecast to be windy so we headed out on an exploration I had only mapped from Google Earth. It was a good learning experience as I noticed a stick marker which, on our return, we found to be the old track along this spur. I tried walking on the more northerly face but ended up on another shorter spur with a steep descent at the end, but we got out to the cliffs and where we had climbed up to the buddha cave in October, had a walk around and smoko, then found the post splitting camp and the road back which was a pleasant somewhat overgrown track. These Sunday morning walks are very pleasant and the drive north towards Crows Nest has a lot of flowering wattles at this time of year.
I wonder if I can make an interesting circuit between the second and third spurs?

No comments: