Monday, 11 May 2009

Long weekends

We did not go away on the May Day long weekend. These days, every weekend is a long weekend. I suspect the reason the house is in a mess is due to this, as Mondays are usually the days when I am most likely to get around to housework. It is probably also due to the lovely Autumn weather we have had. It is so nice to be outdoors here and I have put quite a lot of effort into weeding, and consequently making compost and spreading it.
We did get away the following weekend to Mullum for a night. After the rain it was very nice around the Tweed area and we drove back over the Burringbar range to Murwillumbah and over the Numinbah Valley to Canungra, then north through amazing new suburban areas on the Mt Lindesay Highway, until we reached the familiar Logan motorway and the faster route home.
We brought back plenty of grapefruit for a good supply of marmalade. These days I seem to have worked out how to get it to set, after many unsuccessful years. Was it too much water, not enough sugar, or not enough heat?

No comments: