Monday, 23 February 2009

Watermelons

As mentioned in last week's blog, we enjoyed a watermelon after last Tuesday's walk. That meant Dick could bring home the next one from his office. On Saturday I made a watermelon salad with melon balls, red onion soaked in fresh lime juice, feta cheese, black olives and fresh mint. This had olive oil drizzled over it and turned out to be quite delicious. I served it in the melon case.
With the rest of the flesh, I made a lovely non-alcoholic drink, using the food processor, then straining out the pulp and pips. I added a mix of grated fresh ginger, lime juice and sugar and served it with some floating melon balls and soda water.
We had a dinner with Dick's work group on Saturday evening with a combined feast, then on Sunday evening we went out to Palm Tree for a lovely outdoor dining experience with our friends. This meal featured home-grown walnuts in a pasta sauce, homegrown pumpkin soup and homegrown apple crumble.

No comments: