I started brewing beer in 1981 and today's brew will be number 224. I have nearly always used my own recipe but with the rising price of malt in recent years, it is no cheaper than buying kits from Woolies, so the ikey side of me prevailed in spring and I made four brews of Coopers [Real Ale, Lager and Dark Ale] and Home Brand. I then realised that I much preferred my own brew and that of the four, my preference was for the Home Brand Lager.
Yesterday I chanced to find malt among the honeys in Woolies, and at a dollar less than the brew shops so we are back in business today. Ah the smell of hops permeating the house!
Next brew will be a special one made from New Zealand Black Rock malt given to me, on his recent visit, by Tom.
There is more tasting to be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmm - so there should be some ready for consumption at Easter?
Post a Comment