Saturday, 29 February 2020

The things we do For Love

Three short plays directed by Beth Geoghegan.
We were part of the set building team and I found myself helping Beth dig out possible furnishings - a window and a couch - then discussing the paint scheme. I suggested variable lighting between the plays and we consulted Bob Horstman who agreed that it was a good idea which required $45K. Beth flicked through Dulux and other paint company sites on her phone and we thought an avocado shade with diagonal splits on the side walls would be interesting. A couple of weeks later at the AGM I peeked behind the  curtains to find it done.
I did Front of House twice for the production and we went on the last Saturday night. Public nights are quite different to the group nights. It is nice to be part of the team these days, chatting with the Director, President, leading actors etc.
There were 3 plays by Peter Quilter called Duets - Blind Date, The Holiday and Bride to Be. Unfortunately Bride to Be was withdrawn due to illness of the two actors.
The final play was Post Its (Notes on a Marriage) by Paul Dooley.
All plays were two characters only and it turned out really well.

No comments: