Tuesday, 11 May 2010

May Day weekend

Two long weekends in a row and a good time of year for camping. We took the camper again with the bushwalkers, this time to Kings Plains National Park west of Glen Innes. It must have been Scottish weekend there as the place was busy with kilts and tartans.
Out at Kings Plains we camped near a nice creek and enjoyed some swims and the birds.

In the afternoon we explored upstream, then on Sunday we had a day walk rock hopping down the creek to some falls.

We had a nice swim in a rock pool and smoko, then unfortunately I had a fall and badly twisted my knee with a lot of crunching so I headed back assisted by various friends, to consider my future and trekking plans for November.

As we left next day, Denise said "you'll be right in a few days" and I was surprised how much I had indeed recovered after a week. I think I must have severely sprained my knee as there was a lot of bruising down my shin as well as swelling and pain.
Having anticipated such an event in the past 23 years since it was reconstructed, I sprang into action to get a specialist referral and had arthroscopic surgery a month later. I was impressed that there was some cartilage to be trimmed as I thought it may have all been removed previously, and my arthritic joint was also smoothed, so I came out of it renovated and have not looked back.

No comments: