Wednesday, 7 January 2009

December 2008

Blogging in December was replaced by Christmas correspondence and as usual I did not manage to send as many cards as I had hoped, but I did have assistance which was a nice change. Now that January is settling down, I may get some more done. Meanwhile I hope Christmas and New Year went well for others as it did for us. We stayed at home for Christmas Day - last time was in 2004 - and I enjoyed a couple of days of cooking before Jim and Lee arrived.
We also enjoyed going to a couple of evening parties in the lead up to Christmas and drove down to Mullum and Boonah for lunch between then and New Year.
Apart from a couple of very hot days, the weather has been mild with some rain events to keep things growing well. The region is looking better this season than it has for quite a while.
While Lee was here we did quite a lot of pruning and mulching. A second crop of corn has been sown and the lettuce seedlings planted out. We are producing plenty of beans, tomatoes, rocket, strawberries, limes and cheery plums. I got a Brown Turkey fig tree for Christmas.

No comments: