Thursday, 27 March 2008

At the end of the tether

It was incredibly dry when we got home. It had been quite a hot day and it all looked pretty challenging after several days away in more favoured climes. I seemed to get straight from the car and 2½ hours driving, to filling watering cans and providing respite to parched vegies.
During the night I thought I heard some reasonable rain, but it could have been a disturbed mind.
Around 6.30 am a sound, which was quite familiar in our Innisfail days, arose, and we got an early morning downpour of real wetting rain. We even got some thunder to herald the event.
O joy and what a relief.
And then there was more at 8.30.
And our tank is nearly full.
And I must get some of it onto the fruit trees in case we get more tonight.
Am I greedy?

No comments: