Monday, 29 October 2007

This weekend

On Friday afternoon I completed the final coat on the bar stools and we went for a short drive in our new Subaru Impreza RX - out to Kingsthorpe and back via Meringandan west and Gowrie Junction. Now that things are green it is quite pleasant scenery to the north and north-west of our place.
On Saturday I enjoyed making a cushion cover with a tapestry done by Diana when we were at school. I am also planning to make them with my two hunting scenes. We need some brightness on our new sofa bed.
On Sunday we packed the stools, barbecue, beer and cider into the new car and drove down to see Jim. After doing some shopping and sitting on his new sofa bed watching his new TV, we had an enjoyable lunch on his verandah, sitting at his new table and chairs. It was warm and humid in Brisbane but he catches the breeze very nicely there. We then drove up to visit Margaret Viney at Scarborough, then home by dusk.

No comments: