Saturday, 13 May 2017

Nepalese dinner

I have supported the Nepal Australia Friendship Association Qld since the earthquake. It was formed in Brisbane after Expo in 1989.
We went to the Nepalese New Year Earthquake Rebuild Dinner at Lourdes Hill College in Hawthorne with Emily. It started at 5 pm with drinks on the terrace overlooking the river. The large hall/gymnasium was nicely decorated with prayer flags and they had an interesting slide show.
I have been making photobooks for our recent Japan and Indian trips and had started looking at photos for further books on our 2011 Thailand and 2010 India/Nepal trips so I really enjoyed the photos of Nepal.
We had a round table central and near the front [I must have booked early] with a couple Helen and Nikko [Austrian], and Lesley and Jane who were buddhists. We enjoyed their company and the food was very nice. It was done by Tibetan Kitchen.
There was a nice display of goods and we bought a batik [from Indonesia but it had elephants] and made an unsuccessful bid in the silent auction. It was bad luck that Dick did not wear his Modi jacket as it would have looked good with the other costumes. I wore my blue/maroon kain/kurtha which was good and Em looked glamorous in a maroon long dress [ from a shopping expedition to Smithfield many years ago].
After some presentations on their work in Nepal, there was some dancing and we headed home around 9 pm.


No comments: