At last I have tidied the compost and dug the garden for broad beans and sugar snap peas. How could we survive winter without these? The last corn crop was tenuous and fortunately we got a late one after early germination failures. Sweet potato continues to turn up in abundance when I clear the garden for planting, but otherwise our spring onions, leeks and capsicums/chillis are struggling through neglect and fruit flies in the latter. I did sow some seeds early in March so I have some small seedlings of radish, beetroot and ruby chard which I planted out yesterday after Graham suggested that I did not need to dig over the whole bed, just holes for each plant.
Today I added seeds of endive, spinach and kohl rabi. I wonder if any will germinate? They have been in the fridge a long time.
The sun is still very hot and things are very dry, but the tanks are full, due to neglect of the garden and lack of watering.
Thursday, 7 April 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment