Saturday, 27 October 2012

Thursday activities

I have been thinking of changing my Thursday activities.
When I first came to Toowoomba, it was a stay-at-home day, then in 2006 I started going to Tai Chi with Michael at the RSL. We went to Oxygen Cafe after this for morning tea together and it was a pleasant morning out.
I think it was mid 2008 when Ann asked me to come to Energise Fitball class at USQ which commenced at 11 am, so this cut into the morning tea section of my Tai chi activity. I found the fitball class with Natasha very enjoyable.
After visiting Andrew in Sydney in July 2009, I decided to get back into lap swimming and joined U3A to go to Harristown High pool with Ann at 7.45 am. It was a bit of a rush to go to Tai Chi after it, and now being a member of U3A, I decided to change to Scottish County Dancing in Hume Street at 9.30. From this I would rush off to USQ at 11, getting home around 12.30.
Eventually the council funding for Fitball ran out and classes stopped in mid 2010?
In May 2010,  I hurt my knee while bushwalking and had a couple of months break while I had it refurbished and regained my fitness, so dancing was put on hold. I was ready for a break anyway, so I was back to just swimming from 7.45 to 8.45 am on Thursdays.
My friends at Fitball and dancing had convinced me to try Energise yoga at the PCYC on Wednesdays until it also ran out in September 2011.
In February this year, my friend Neil offered a class in bird identification at U3A so I again deferred dancing while I did this for a term. I went back in term 3, having been away for much of term 2, and now feel that they do not need me to support numbers as the group is going well.
Judy and Graham have been going out to Crows Nest Nursery for the past couple of years as volunteers on Thursday mornings and she asked me if I could come as it is in need of more support. While I have always been interested in learning more of nursery work, it always seemed a long way to go and I had all the above activities, but in my current frame of mind, I decided to drop even my swimming [which would be more pleasant out of doors at this time of year] and go out, getting a lift with them this week.
I really enjoyed it. And I can bring home some plants for my efforts at potting and maintenance. So I will continue.
Now to find an alternate time for swimming.

No comments: